Phoenixville Area School District Transportation Guidelines
- Where busing is provided, the school's obligation is to bus the students to and from their assigned bus stop closest to the student's residence.
- Students should be present and visible at their assigned stop ten (10) minutes prior to pick up time. Bus drivers are not required to stop if there are no visible students at the bus stop.
- It is required that a parent or other responsible adult meet Kindergarten students at the bus stop every day.
- School busing will not be used to transport children to occasional sitters, friends, after school appointments, jobs, etc. The district's obligation is to provide busing to and from school at the closest assigned bus stop to the student's place of residence.
- Bus drivers are not to permit anyone to board the bus whose name does not appear on the "bus list" carried on the bus. A temporary bus pass, issued by the building principal, shall be considered as an addendum to the list. Temporary bus passes will be considered on the case by case basis.
- Bus drivers are not permitted to pick up or discharge students on any other stop than the assigned bus stop unless the student has a properly completed and signed temporary bus pass.
- Any changes in the normal dismissal procedures should be requested in writing to the principal's office.
- In situations where children are entitled to transportation to/from their home, but stay at a day care facility or baby sitter (that is located one and one half miles or more from the school and is located within the student's attendance area) before and/or after school on a permanent basis, parent(s)/guardian(s) may request, in writing, special busing arrangements for the school year. The child must ride the same bus(s) Monday through Friday--each morning bus assignment/bus stop assignment must be the same, each afternoon bus assignment/bus stop must be the same, Monday through Friday. A request must be made each year in writing to:
386 City Line Avenue
Phoenixville, PA 19460
Requests that are approved affect the remainder of the school year.
- Intra-school busing for district activities occurs at all grade levels. Parent(s)/guardian(s) are notified of activities through announcements, calendars, etc.